HIP is a team of experienced healthcare entrepreneurs, leaders and innovators. We represent the best the healthcare marketplace has to offer in terms of cutting edge services and products.
HIP’s Product Partners all meet our Product Impact Criteria:
- Improve Patient Care
- Increase Healthcare Providers’ Revenues
- Improve Healthcare Providers’ Operating Efficiencies
HIP is your gateway to the healthcare community. You bring your product or service to us and we bring the market to you.
HIP offers the following Services to our Product Partners:
- Sales & Distribution: The HIP “Strategic Partner” sales network can have your product or service introduced to thousands of healthcare providers across the country.
- Field Service: The HIP Field Service Team can provide hands-on support to the healthcare providers using your product or service.
Consulting Services: The HIP team can help you address any business issue you will face from strategy to operations to sales/marketing to finance to tactical execution of the business plan. HIP becomes a true extension of your company.
- Access to Capital: HIP Capital helps its Product Partners source capital to further fuel their growth.
The HIP Process
Step 1: Product/Service Evaluation
To be in HIP’s portfolio, Product Partners must pass a rigorous evaluation process; HIP’s selection criteria include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Does the Product/Service Solve an Existing Problem in the Healthcare Space?
- What are the Product Partner’s Executive Team’s Credentials and Experience?
- Does the product/service meet one or more of HIP’s “Product Impact Criteria” by:
- Improving Patient Care
- Increasing Healthcare Providers Revenues
- Improving Healthcare Providers’ Operating Efficiencies
Step 2: Sales & Marketing
As a HIP portfolio company, Product Partners enter the HIP “Strategic Partner Distribution Network”, a professional sales network that will provide new business opportunities in identified, addressable markets such as:
- Physician Practices
- Accountable Care Organizations (ACO)
- Clinically Integrated Networks (CIN)
- Health Systems
- Nursing Homes
- Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC)
- Employers/Plan Sponsors
Step 3: Ongoing Field Service to the Product Partner’s Customers (end users)
After a sale is made, the HIP Field Service model is an effective enhancement to the financial success of the Product Partner by HIP Field Service Professionals supporting the ongoing service to the customers (end users):
- Product/Service Implementations
- Product/Service Training
- Ongoing Customer Relationship Management
- Troubleshooting Customer Problems
- Continuous (“real time”) Customer Feedback to SPPs
Step 4: Consulting Services
If selected into the HIP Product Portfolio, HIP provides the following Consulting Services (representative sample) to help Product Partners succeed:
- Business Plan Alignment
- Financial Model Optimization
- Operations Design & Execution
- Sales & Marketing Strategy and Tactics
- Technology Roadmap
- Innovation Commercialization
- Executive Coaching
Step 5: Access to Capital
HIP Capital helps its Product Partners source capital to further fuel their growth. Our Product Partners have access to HIP Capital’s:
- Strong Relationships with Institutional Investors, Family Officers, and Individual Accredited Investors
- Industry and Subject Matter Expertise
- Deal Negotiation Insight and Experience
- Flexible Fees (project vs. hourly-based)
THE HIP TEAM
HEALTH SYSTEM CEO
Former health system CEO who currently serves as a consultant to hospitals, ACOs and other healthcare organizations in the New Jersey and New York market. His expertise and connections with executive leadership in the hospital market as well as with hundreds of physician groups proves invaluable to the HIP product Partners and clients.
HEALTHCARE SALES & MARKETING EXPERTS
The HIP Sales & Marketing Experts are the best in their fields. Seasoned sales executives from the insurance, benefits, laboratory and healthcare space. Our sales and marketing team has dozens of years of experience selling across multiple healthcare-related fields throughout the United States.
ACO CHIEF EXECUTIVE
Former CEO of a 500 physician organization who currently consults with physician practices across the NJ/NY metropolitan region. He is also a Fellow to a major healthcare “think tank/advocacy” organization.
HEALTH INSURANCE COMPANY DIRECTOR OF PROVIDER CONTRACTING
Healthcare consultant to dozens of physician practices in NJ and NY. Former hospital executive and also former director of provider contracting for a major regional health insurance company.
PHYSICIAN PRACTICE MANAGEMENT EXPERTS
Former manager of the behavioral health network in the Mid-Atlantic region for one of the top three national health insurance carriers. She has also managed numerous orthopedic practices and is a member of the national board of directors of a major practice management association.
HEALTH INSURANCE EXECUTIVES
Health insurance executives with decades of experience designing and underwriting both traditional fully-insured and self-insured plans for employers across the country. They bring a valuable perspective from the “employer/plan sponsor” vantage point to Product Partners looking to improve the delivery of healthcare services.
FINANCE & OPERATIONS EXECUTIVES
Seasoned healthcare executives with decades of experience managing the finances and operations of both hospitals and physician practices. Their experience along with their extensive network of other healthcare executives proves invaluable to the HIP Product Partners and clients.
HIP Product Partners
Howard Healthcare Group
Consulting firm recovering additional reimbursements from commercial insurance carriers for out-of-network surgical procedures.