Fact: Diabetic Retinopathy (DR) is a leading cause of avoidable blindness
Fact: Every diabetes patient should have an annual retinal evaluation
Fact: According to the CDC only 15% of diabetes patients have regular eye exams!
The Problem: Diabetes care is done in the Primary Care Physician’s office but eye exams are done in the eye doctor’s office…Patient’s don’t comply with their PCP’s instructions to get an eye exam!
Do you want to improve the lives of your patients with diabetes?
A PCP-based electroretinogram (erg) that is:
- Quick, easy and convenient done in the PCP’s office
- Accurate interpretation via the cloud at “reading center” by ophthalmologists and retina specialists
- Revenue generating to the PCP
- No fixed cost to PCP
- Documents that the test was performed
- Provides action-oriented reports
- Meets quality guidelines (HEDIS compliant)
- Plays well within existing workflow and health IT
- Easy integration with EHRs